For social media promotion, there are many factors that you must rely on if you are to be successful. One of them is the region where your target audience lives. This factor impacts many aspects of a promotion strategy, it defines which tactic you should choose, and in this article we will be talking specifically about Latin America! The Latino audience is huge and you should take your chance to wow them. Discover the range cheap and effective methods to get lots of Instagram views for that location.
Respect the roots
Instagram is a very popular platform among Hispanic and Latino users, and many international influencers are from Latin America. But what sets them apart from all other international social media celebrities is their clear and strong manifestation of their cultural and social heritage. So, to impress your target group and gain Latin American views, you need to build your growth using a rich variety of cultural specifications.
When it comes to brands, this is also a good method to increase attention to the product – when it somehow resonates with Latin American cultural trends, users show more interest in buying it. Tailoring your brand message to the needs and preferences of your audience is what helps strengthen your connection with local consumers and gain more benefits.
Know the difference
Latin American people are often referred to as Hispanic audiences, but that’s not entirely true. The word “Hispanic” refers to the spoken language, and Latino / Latina is a definition of the location. But not all Latinos speak Spanish, for example in Brazil they speak Portuguese. Many other countries have special dialects that impact and change Spanish.
In some contexts, Hispanic and Latin words can interchange, but to avoid misunderstandings and negative reactions to your Instagram content, for example, take a look at what language is spoken in the region you want to influence and create your content accordingly to get more views and understanding. .
Remember that there are Latins who live in other places like the United States. They generally refer to their historical origin of life rather than the Hispanic or generalized Latin. In places where the population is larger (Texas, California), the community often develops the local dialect which has an impact on the original Spanish language. Be careful when translating your content – it is better to use professional help than to rely on the translation powers of Google.
Latina audiences are well known for being passionate and brilliant people in general. They love strong, juicy colors, and this comes from the nature around them – tropical birds, animals and exotic flowers that paint the landscape with bursts of brightness, often in contact with lush greenery. There are many visual representations of Latino culture related to this, and as it progresses, Hispanic audiences respond better to such combinations on social networks.
- Mix bright accents into your content for more views.
- Keep the colors close to those that can be found in the local nature or be inspired by them.
- Use Indian style for decorative elements to localize your visuals.
- Take inspiration from famous things like the Brazilian carnival or the day of the dead.
Take advantage of social topics
Latin America unfortunately suffers from many social and economic problems. And social media is the way to give a voice to these issues and help solve them. If you want to gain the respect and appreciation of a Latin audience, make an effort to improve their lives. Many parts of Latin America suffer from poverty, which is why users would appreciate organizing and supporting charitable initiatives. The best way for associations to help is to become the voice of the people, to announce the problem and to get the attention of the authorities.
Brands can also help, both by providing charities and places to work for locals, improving the public image of the company and supporting the community, earning their gratitude and respect.
Take advantage of local holidays
Latin Americans have a lot of public holidays. Some that they share with the whole world, like Easter, Christmas, Valentine’s Day or Father’s Day. However, some holidays have other dates of celebration. And, there are a lot of holidays specific to Latin America:
- Children’s day. The date changes depending on the region, but it is a very happy occasion for all Latin children. On this day, they receive gifts from their parents and other family members. Retailers are crazy about this day because it’s a second Christmas shopping craze. It is also worth noting that families go for outdoor activities on this day.
- The good weekend. This festival takes place the weekend before the day of the Mexican revolution. It was created by the Latin governments to stimulate the economic growth of the region, following the experience of Black Friday.
- The day of the Dead. Latin localization of Halloween, this holiday has its origins in the national Aztec roots. This day is known for its festive costumes, traditional activities and cultural significance when the whole family comes together and prays for their ancestors. It is a day of remembrance and respect. A popular aspect of this holiday is the Calavera – a sugar skull decorated with flowers. On social media, she’s a popular makeup model for Halloween.
Don’t forget the festivals!
Latin culture is also known for the most colorful and juicy festivals happening all over the world. For social media influencers and brands who want to use social media for promotional purposes and gain views on Instagram, such events are a great tool to engage and bond with audiences. Here are the famous festivals in Latin America:
- The procession of the Lord of Miracles, Peru. The history of this Catholic procession dates back to colonial times when a slave from Angola made a drawing of the crucifixion of Christ on the wall in Lima. Since the 17th century this design has been preserved and glorified as the Lord of Miracles. The brotherhood of the same name carries the image with the districts of Lima, followed by devoted Catholics.
- Oruro Carnival. This festival takes place in Bolivia. It is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in the country. Oruro is also known as the Devils Dance, due to the special dances and rituals performed during the parade, in which 20,000 dancers and 10,000 musicians participate in exotic costumes.
- It is a celebration of Peruvian heritage and culinary traditions that takes place in September. There, people can discover original local dishes, like ceviche or cuy, or taste incredible fusion cuisine, mixed with Chinese or Japanese style.
- Holy Week. It is a localized Easter week that is celebrated in Guatemala. People wear purple dresses on parades and march through the streets, carrying floats full of decorations for the occasion. It is the largest celebration of Easter in Latin America which can only be compared to a similar event in Seville.
- Sun Festival. And again, we come back to Peru. The sun was the central figure in the worship traditions of the Inca civilization. In ancient times, the Incas celebrated this day with animal sacrifices. Today is a bright and positive festival. The actor plays the role of the Inca emperor who is carried through the streets accompanied by priests, dancers, musicians and sweepers who frighten evil spirits with their brooms. The procession follows to the temple, where they recreate the lama sacrifice (no lama is actually injured!)
- Flower festival. Unique carnival in the city of Medellin, Colombia. It is a 10 day event, filled with competitions, fairs, concerts and the Silleteros parade. The Silleteros are farmers who grow flowers and compete in the beauty of their flower arrangements.
To reach social media audiences in Latin America, any entrepreneur, business, or Instagram, Facebook, YouTube influencer must understand how important the nation’s cultural heritage is. Before launching a social media campaign to promote your profile, gain views, you should explore the local history and cultural aspects that impact the daily life of the community. By celebrating the identity and dignity of the nation, you can gain influence quickly and effectively.